Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week #10

Today, I woke up and went about my regular morning routine: (1) Roll out of bed (2) Grab a glass of water, (3) Scroll through social media. I



I believe that at the core of every person is the desire to do good. Being a benefit to those around us is a need in all humans. Because of this, I find it hard to believe that because you may have voted for Hilary Clinton, you directly believe that the life of a fetus doesn't matter. And, if you do feel pro abortion, there is a good-willed reason as to why you feel the way you do.
Likewise, I expect you to give me the same decency. I didn't vote for Trump because I don't care for illegal immigrants; I have illegal immigrants in my life that I would say have shaped my life and opened my eyes to the most important things in life. I didn't vote for Trump because I don't care for the LGBT community; in fact, I have childhood friends and mother-figure women that are active parts of the LGBT community. I didn't vote for trump because I don't care for African Americans; I don't feel like I need to explain myself on such an ignorant statement.

To be honest, I failed to register in time and didn't actually vote. But, these are some of the issues our country faces going forward. If we can not give others the benefit of the doubt, how will we grow as a country?

No comments:

Post a Comment