Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week #11

This week I have thought a lot about optimism. With the chaotic presidential election coming to an end, I feel that optimism is a critical focal point for both myself and society. What I mean by optimism, is actively choosing to see the good in the future; rather than focusing on the possible negatives that may come in the future.

Rather than discussing the election results, I'd like to focus more on the topic of optimism. Optimism is a choice. I believe that choosing to look out through "rose-colored glasses". I don't believe this is a state of ignorance, or choosing to bat  a blind eye. I feel that in a world changing day-to-day, actively looking for good is the better alternative to focusing on the coming negatives.

I have had a feeling that somewhere I've lacked personally, is in seeing the good in others--in all aspects of life. I do not believe that more than just a small fraction of ill-willed people exist in this world. Doing good is a natural human motive. As such, I choose to be optimistic in seeing the good in the world and the people that inhabitant the world in which we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment