Monday, December 5, 2016

Week #14:

Yesterday in Stake Conference the theme of the meeting was christlike joy. The Stake leadership each took gave their own perspective and opinion on how we obtain joy through both the scriptures and the church leaders counsel.

One of the main takeaways for me, had to do with trusting in God. Recently I have had multiple conversations on trust and what trust entails. When I refer to the word trust, I usually use this word to describe a very generalized idea of believing another person, or another entity's motives being for good.

A good friend of mine opened my mind to the thought of trust not only being trusting somebody's intentions, but also trusting their decisions. I know that sounds vague, but the easiest way for me to think of this concept is in a marriage, one spouse doesn't just tolerate the other's needs or demands. Rather, trust in the spouses decisions and demands requires the other to not only accept these demands, but also understand that maybe their current opinion on the given topic may be inaccurate or flawed.

This same concept holds true in us as God's children trusting God and his timing. Speaking for myself, I know that I am quick to say I believe in God and have faith in his will. But I am just as fast to trust in my own preparation and my own will. Rather than pride creeping into my life by actions of commission to walk away from God's will, I typically find myself walking away from God's will by actions of omission.

Overall, the Stake Conference's message can be summed up to the following:
As God's children, we can find true joy as we find our answers to this self-reflective question, "You trust in the Lord, but do you really trust in the Lord?" Or, "You seek joy, but do you really seek joy?"




No comments:

Post a Comment